Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Bitch is Back

Science Night is DONE, people! Veni, vedi, vixi. I came, I saw, I survived. I should never be in charge of things. Seriously. I'm all about the ideas. The execution? Not so much with that. Thank the deity of your choice that Mistress Dave Matthews was in charge of *everything* except the activities. Because honestly - if it was up to me? Let's just say the science projects would have been propped up on some cardboard boxes I found in a dumpster. Five minutes after people started arriving. Assuming you even knew when to arrive because I probably would have forgotten to send an email on that. I might have remembered to make some certificates of recognition - but they probably would be written on post-its. Are you getting the idea here? If you want something done in a timely fashion or to have some semblance of order, I am *not* your go-to person. I used to be that person. I also used to have defined abs, a clean house, and a job description that didn't require cleaning up another person's shit. Well, not literally at least.

Have a good weekend, people. Thanks for coming for a visit and I'll see you next Monday.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Uh, Zen, baby? Let's work on some affirming, positive, self-talk, k?

--I contributed my talent and energy to make homeschooling possible for my family and many others.

--I used my considerable talents as a science teacher and came up with some really great science activies that people enjoyed and THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO PUT TOGETHER THEMSELVES.

--I stepped outside my comfort zone and came through for my community

--Thanks to Science Nite, I produced not one, but two, hilarious blogs.

--And, after all, in the end, the only thing that matters is that you are good enough, you are smart enough, and dog gone-it, people like you.

--I have a tattoo, therefore, I rock!

--

RedWrites said...

You did it :) Yay! Watch for self-affirming "what was I thinking about blogs" regarding field day. I'm with ya sister. See you soon!