Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Heartfelt Sentiment

My youngest, let's call her Fizzgig. (For those of you not versed in the ways of the Dark Crystal, that is the small, furry mammal-like pet that stomps its feet, unhinges its jaws and shrieks at the top of its lungs when upset. Really, it's a fair comparison.)

Fizzgig made daddy a valentine. With a big, lacy heart and an amorphous... person? Definitely humanoid at any rate. Me? Not so much with the v-day love. She did, however, run over and hug my leg and tell me she loved me because I feed her and wipe her poop. It may not be Hallmark, but it was heartfelt. Digestive tract felt even.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Feel the love, baby. Yeah, somehow the moms always get left out. How does that happen? Just wait until they have kids. . . . mwa ha ahaaaa

Jim Chandler said...

Sorry, have to disagree on that last point. Its the "stay-at-homes" that always get left out.

-not feelin' the love in Highland.

Lisa said...

Dude,

My bad. You are right. It's the SAHMs and the SAHDs. Sorry.

Feel the love in Highland, dude, even though the name of your demographic group is sad. Get it? SAHD? Sad? Why arent' ya laughing?

Jack's affectation gland said...

When the love reaches a certain height, it is obvious to all and goes, sometimes sadly, unsaid.

Life throws you surprises! said...

Loven my name on your blog!