Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscars

I usually don't watch award shows, but I watched the Oscars last night. Some of it, at least. I have only one comment - a fashionista I am not. I looked at all the fancy gowns and thought how glamorous everyone looks! I remember a few years back when people were showing up in the weirdest, featheriest costumes. But last night, everyone I saw looked fabulous.

One person, I think it was Beyonce, looked so beautiful in her pale green gown. Last night and today on many, many media channels (internet, tv, radio) people were trashing her outfit. 'Hoochie mama' was a description that stands out in my mind. I thought she looked elegant and beautiful!

Apparently, I know zilch when it comes to fashion. I would think I would have enough sense not to come dressed in saran wrap or band aids or asthma hound chihuahuas, but that is probably why I'm destined to be the person with the black rectangle over their eyes in the 'don't' fashion column.

3 comments:

Jim Chandler said...

I'm with you - I look positively hideous in a swan dress.

But I sure love anyone who dares to wear one to the Oscars!

Life throws you surprises! said...

I watched last night too. I thought there were several really pretty and simple gowns. The one that was brown with this long train that looked like feathers was horrible. That is probably the one they liked the most. I have no fashion sense either. I did like to hear that one of the fashion people said she was a T-shirt and jeans girl....so maybe my fashion isn't so bad.

Jim Chandler said...

We're missing our zen...