Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Are we having fun yet?

Shoot me now. Please? To recap:

Thursday, 4/12: Both girls have their annual physicals. The doctor agrees with me that Fizzgig has Celiac Disease. It's one thing to kinda think she does, entirely another to have a doctor tell me she has this. It seems so much more... final. Sigh.

Friday, 4/13: Fizzgig screams bloody murder till I take her *back* to the doctors. She has her first ear infection. Which developed in less than 24 hours.

Tuesday, 4/17: Grandma is disoriented and loopy. And phlegmy sounding. This happened last year when she got sick and became severely dehydrated. I wheel and deal and get her a doctor appointment for the next morning. And force fluids on her. Lots and lots. (She's fine now - just a cold the doctor said)

Wednesday, 4/18 (Today): Drama Princess has an ophthamology appointment. She failed her eye test big time and needs glasses. She starts screaming at the top of her lungs while the doctor is looking at her. Surprisingly? It didn't endear her to him. She's holding her ear. Really... can one induce ear aches by sheer will alone? Cause DP has been jonesin for her sister's pretty pink antibiotics from day one. Call the pediatrician, but they are closed for the day. It's only 3:30. They refer me to the Nighttime Pediatrics on Cedar Lane. (Wow! Those of you who have recommended them in the past? You are so right. They were amazing! And they gave my insurance some serious lovin'. )BUT they don't open until 5 pm. I drive there and sit in the parking lot while DP alternates between screaming and sleeping for 90 minutes.

DP has a double ear infection. I find out that I have pneumonia and a raging sinus infection.

Did I mention the fun?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. How can I help? I know! I'll bring my own DP over to your house and leave her with you for a sleepover while I traipse off to some exotic location for a quick getaway. I will instruct her to vomit at 2 a.m. (she excels at that) and to start screaming and crying about how she wants to go home. How would that be? Good? Great! See you Saturday!

RedWrites said...

My golly - how can I help?

Lisa said...

Mext time you're waiting at the Cedar Lane Pediatrics, come wait chez moi. . . We'll give you and DP some serious luvin while you wait--and maybe a massage.

Lisa said...

Come back, Zen. Just a line, a word, an expletive in symbols . . . anything.

Love ya!